Wartburg Speaks

"The deplorable, miserable condition which I discovered lately when I, too, was a visitor, has forced and urged me to prepare [publish] this Catechism, or Christian doctrine, in this small, plain, simple form." Martin Luther

Sunday, February 26, 2006

TRANSFIGURATION


In Matthew 17: 5 the Father appeared in the clouds upon Mt. Tabor, and in Luke 3: 22, too, the Father came in his voice and the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove.–Martin Luther

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

Congratulations on your new blog site. I know what a joy it is to read the works of Blessed Martin Luther and find the treasures there. May I please suggest that you provide a reference when you provide a quote? It is helpful to know the name of the document you are quoting from, the year it was written, and the page number and translation from which you are quoting it. Thanks! Have joy of Luther!

2/26/2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger Wartburg said...

Thank you for your interest. Presently the 55 volume "American Edition of Luther's Works" is my resource. I also appreciate your interest in referencing each quote. I will do so after the month of March (or so). My computer has suffered loss and I'm using the files in my "word" right now. I'm unable to reload the actual disc at this time.I do have many of the quotes foot noted and will do my best.Thanks and enjoy.
Salvatore

2/27/2006 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home