Wartburg Speaks

"The deplorable, miserable condition which I discovered lately when I, too, was a visitor, has forced and urged me to prepare [publish] this Catechism, or Christian doctrine, in this small, plain, simple form." Martin Luther

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

THAT THESE WORDS OF CHRIST, “THIS IS MY BODY,” ETC., STILL STAND FIRM AGAINST THE FANATICS 1527


Here someone sneers at me with sovereign contempt, “Ah, my dear Luther, how easily will they furnish reasons for you and prove their cuckoo!” Honestly, I am just as eager to hear them, believe me, as they are ready to do this. Well, start piping and don’t spoil the dance; but let us know whether we are supposed to step or skip. It is against the sneering devil that I am saying these things, not against flesh and blood [Eph. 6:12]. -Martin Luther

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home