Wartburg Speaks

"The deplorable, miserable condition which I discovered lately when I, too, was a visitor, has forced and urged me to prepare [publish] this Catechism, or Christian doctrine, in this small, plain, simple form." Martin Luther

Sunday, February 05, 2006

All Directed Toward Christ


“For He whom God has sent utters the Word of God.” The Law of Moses was given, and the prophets were sent; but it was all directed toward Christ. All this was to cease with His advent. Therefore they said: “He will come, and when He comes, all this will end.” Whoever proclaims today that He is still to come denies that He who was born of Mary is the Messiah. All the prophets declared that the Messiah would come one day. But the Jews quote these declarations as still pertaining to the future, although they have been fulfilled long ago. The prophets did not lie; they spoke the truth. He was born in Bethlehem and dwelt in Nazareth. When I hear this, then it is time that I believe it; to close my ears to this message means to lose Him. –Martin Luther

1 Comments:

Blogger William Weedon said...

I love that one, Sal. Yep, it's all "was Christum treibet" - Scripture is "what pushes Christ!"

Pax!

2/06/2006 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home