Wartburg Speaks

"The deplorable, miserable condition which I discovered lately when I, too, was a visitor, has forced and urged me to prepare [publish] this Catechism, or Christian doctrine, in this small, plain, simple form." Martin Luther

Friday, April 21, 2006

THAT THESE WORDS OF CHRIST, “THIS IS MY BODY,” ETC., STILL STAND FIRM AGAINST THE FANATICS 1527


I too dare take an oath that this saying of Christ, “This is my body,” sticks in their hearts like an everlasting splinter from which they can never be free, except by being so completely callous as to feel nothing any longer, …and there follows so great a teaching and praise of the spiritual eating of the body of Christ and of his remembrance—over which no one contends with them; we knew about these things just as well as they, and before them! —that it is clear they do not know what they are saying, or how they should go about bamboozling the people. -Martin Luther

4 Comments:

Blogger njcopperhead said...

Looks like JEB to me - right?

4/22/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Wartburg said...

What? Who? Joe is watching me type this...

4/22/2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger njcopperhead said...

The print is actually of Mosby, one of the most effective raiders for the CSA. Here is a description I found:
Taking the Oath by Bradley Schmehl ~ In January 1863, John S. Mosby enlisted men to join his partisan rangers. He administered the oath to his recruits at the Mr. Zion Church in Aldie, Virginia. That church is still standing today.

These are partisan rangers, which might be called guerilla fighters. My GG grandfather, Cpt. John Amick, led a similar group in Va.

4/23/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Wartburg said...

My Brother and companion in the Lord Jesus Christ, Wade.
Greetings in GOD.
Talk about a picture really connecting!
Believe me I was "sleep walking" concerning the "timing", if you know what I mean?
I love the part about your GG grandpapee!
That IS so cool!
I'm starting to “get” your love and affection for this Great Land of Ours.
Please when I see you ask me about my 1970's song I wrote called:
What Ever Happened To The Old Red, White and Blue!
A friend and I would go to this music studio off RT. 80 West (NJ), and record songs that I wrote; that was one of them.
God IS so faithful to HUNT you down and bring YOU to HIMSELF!
Psalm 99

4/23/2006 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home