Wartburg Speaks

"The deplorable, miserable condition which I discovered lately when I, too, was a visitor, has forced and urged me to prepare [publish] this Catechism, or Christian doctrine, in this small, plain, simple form." Martin Luther

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Fourth Sunday In Lent





















The Lord be with you.

Greetings.
We have been “in, with and under” Psalm 69 for quit some time now. Especially pertaining to Martin Luther’s writing on such. I would enjoy discussing the direction in which “Wartburg Speaks” is heading concerning the next few months. First let me joy and ever give praise to Our Lord Jesus Christ for his work, his fulfillment, his doing and completing the Law of God, his giving all good things to us-ward who believe.
I’ve taken up a volume by John W. Kleinig. Mr. Kleinig writes and comments on the book of Leviticus. In his preface he writes: “…the main thing that jolted me to search the Scriptures to discover what they had to say about God’s holiness was my ministry to people under attack by Satan and the powers of darkness. That taught me much about the demonic use of impurity, the healing power of Christ’s holiness, and my own holiness in Christ as an armor of light against the powers of darkness.”
I am still working out of my Microsoft Word files which I’ve stored-up over time. I will be using the 55-volume American Edition of Luther’s Works. The special writing I want to present is found in volume 37. The title of the work is:

THAT THESE WORDS OF CHRIST, “THIS IS MY BODY,” ETC., STILL STAND FIRM AGAINST THE FANATICS (1527).

I hope you enjoy this section of Martin Luther’s vast knowledge concerning this subject.

Brother Salvatore Palamara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home